1. Definition of Key Result Areas (KRA)
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible.
Key Result Area in simple Terms may be defined as Primary responsibilities of an Individual, the core area which each person is accountable.
2. Importance of KRAs.
• Set goals and objectives
• Prioritize their activities, and therefore improve their time/work management
• Make value-added decisions
• Clarify roles of department or individual
• Focus on results rather than activities
• Align their roles to the organization’s business or strategic plan
• Communicate their role’s purposes to others
3. Conditions of KRAs
• Key result areas (KRAs) capture about 80% of the department’s work role. The remainders are usually devoted to areas of shared responsibility.
• Each KRA should capture at least 5 % of work role
4. Types of KRAs:
5. Related documents
Best performance appraisal resources
1. Balanced Scorecard Toolkit and Trainings. This ebook provide top managers, CEOs and independent business consultants with ready-to-use e-products for Balanced Scorecard, such as Balanced Scorecard Toolkit and Balanced Scorecard Practical Training.
2. Employee Performance Appraisals Forms. Benefits of this ebook include: Make your “fair” help good & make your “good” help great; Improve efficiency; Save hours upon hours of time; Get what you want out of every hourly dollar you pay your employees! Even your best employees need to know they are appreciated; Impress your boss or, if you are the boss, motivate your staff by giving them the feedback they NEED to be a better employee etc
3. Phrases For Performance Appraisals. Benefits of this ebook include: A collection of hundreds of ready-to-use impactful appraisal comments and phrases; Phrases to highlight your key strengths and achievements; Phrases to downplay your weaknesses to soften the impact on your overall performance; A comprehensive list of phrases covering most of the categories of KPIs used by many companies; Guidebook provided in Microsoft Word softcopy for your easy copy, paste and modify in your appraisal form; Guidebook provided in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet so that you can use it also for your employees’ appraisals and easy moderation! etc
4. Employee Performance Review: Tips, Templates & Tactics. Contents of this ebook include: Probation policies and templates, performance review tips, performance appraisal tips; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tips performance review policies and templates; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tips learning & development policies and templates; Performance review tips, performance appraisal tipspoor work performance policies and templates etc
5. Managers Guide to Performance. Contents of this ebook: How to deal with an employee who displays negative behavior….help them deal with their own issues and change their behavior; How to coach an employee to higher performance….employees want your leadership and will follow a strong manager; How to be clear about what you expect from them….an employee always wants to know how to best perform; How to give your employees the opportunities to perform……if they can’t or won’t, then how to let them go.