Valet attendant job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Valet attendant position.
You also ref top job materials for Valet attendant as below (at the end of this post):
Key duties/responsibilities of Valet attendant
You can ref some job descriptions for Valet attendant as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Provide claim check and instructs guests on how to reclaim vehicle.
2. Park guest vehicles in specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Retrieve customer vehicles from specified areas in a safe and efficient manner.
4. Provide travel directions and information on property events and promotions.
5. Provide accurate and timely documentation and reports of departmental activities and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions with require attention and or repair. Obeys all traffic laws on and off property.
6. Promote the courteous treatment of customers and resolving guest service issues.
7. Provide general supervision to valet attendants in order to ensure efficient valet operations.
8. Deliver internal and external guest service by ensuring every interaction.
9. Provide especially timely & knowledgeable service; and then some! Always find solutions to guests’ problems.
10. Assist with staffing, scheduling, evaluating, training, developing and monitoring of valet staff.
11. Recommend wage increases, promotions, demotions, discipline and other employment actions for valet staff.
12. Greet arriving and departing guests. Opens passenger door(s) and offers assistance, if appropriate.
Job description sample 2
1. Welcomes and greets all guests in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner using the guest”s name when possible and recognizing all VIP guests.
2. Personalizes every interaction with guest by delighting and building great relationships, inviting guests back and cross-selling other outlets, promotions, events, and entertainment.
3. Arranges for prompt parking and retrieving of vehicles of arriving and departing guests in a safe and friendly manner.
4. Opens vehicle doors, assists guests in stepping out of their vehicles, and helps guests with luggage or parcels
5. Utilizes the Spotlight on Service skills to provide excellent customer service to all guests
6. Collaborates with other Valet Attendants to ensure all guests are welcomed and greeted in a prompt and personalized manner
7. Observes assigned areas for any safety hazards or unauthorized tampering with or pilferage to parked vehicles or Harrah”s facilities, and reports immediately any incidents or conditions to the Valet
Job description sample 3
1. Greets everyone at all times. Smiles, makes eye contact and verbally greets guests and coworkers from arrival to the property through departure.
2. Provides memorable, personal & professional experience to all guests. ( The legendary Experience )
3. Ticket/Register all incoming vehicles. Record necessary information on Valet Ticket.
4. As applicable, validate Rewards Cards for parking privileges.
5. Follow established protocol for Front Parking requests.
6. Must keep valet lines moving at all times by communicating via radio to Attendants the volume and lanes from which to pull vehicles to park.
7. Inspect vehicles and accurately mark pre-existing damage on valet tickets.
8. Park incoming cars safely and efficiently.
9. Runs/Jogs safely to ensure promptness and urgency at all times.
10. Accurately hang keys in the valet booths.
11. Works with automated parking technology proficiently.
12. Direct traffic during peak business times.
13. Safely return vehicles to guests.
14. Open car and building doors, attempt to anticipate needs for all guests.
15. Provide information about the property and amenities.
16. Provide general driving directions to guests.
17. Assist as possible with wheel chairs and other assistance.
18. Clearly communicates with others and uses radios when necessary.
19. Maintain a spotless environment; ensure all valet & parking areas are free of trash and debris; notify supervisor of any concerns relative to music, lighting, signage and ambient elements.
20. Follow all departmental procedures and policies to ensure efficient, safe and secure operations.
21. Ensure all guests problems are handled quickly to ensure guest satisfaction within the established guidelines.
22. Set high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
23. Work as a team player. Assist other Valet & Parking related positions and activities including coat check, cashiering, directing traffic, and more.
24. Accurate and efficient cash handling when assisting or acting as Valet Cashier; accepts payments, makes change, follows procedures for credit and other payment transactions. Uses point of sale system accurately and in accordance with proper procedure.
25. Any and all other job duties as assigned.
Tips to write Valet attendant job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Valet attendant daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Valet attendant KPIs, Valet attendant KRAs, Valet attendant job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Valet attendant qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Valet attendant ) to determine job criteria for Valet attendant position. Valet attendant’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Valet attendant qualifications:
1. High school Diploma or Equivalent
2. 2+ years in customer service industry with a clear passion for service.
3. Prior valet or hospitality experience a plus
4. Must hold current driver’s license.
5. Must be a team player
6. Must be able to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
7. Must maintain impeccable driving record.
8. Must be able to jog/move quickly throughout shift.
9. Must possess the ability to show grace and compassion in all circumstances.
10. Strong organizational skills.
11. Some computer literacy.
12. Act as a role model to other employees.
13. Adhere to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures.
14. Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
15. Professional appearance; neatly groomed to impress.
16. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions including wind, rain, cold, snow, heat, etc.
17. Must be able to jog, walk and stand for long periods of time (8-9 hours).
18. Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling conflicts.
19. Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
20. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
21. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment .
22. Responds to visual and verbal cues.
23. Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
24. Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
25. Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
Valet attendant career advice
Below are top useful guides for Valet attendant career:
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Valet attendant job search tips
Below are top materials for Valet attendant job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Valet attendant performance appraisal
• Accounting management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Valet attendant performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Account management KRAs/scorecard
Valet attendant wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Valet attendant wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: hotel, front desk…
If you need more free Valet attendant job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.