Turndown attendant job description
Job purpose of turndown is to ensure the cleanliness and comfort of guest rooms prior to evening occupancy, and to provide special amenities to enhance guest enjoyment.
Key duties/responsibilities of turndown attendant:
1. To promptly notify Nigh Supervisor of rooms refusing turndown service or showing a privacy sign.
2. To promptly report any deficiencies and maintenance needs in guest rooms.
3. To maintain the cleanliness and order of linen closets, and promptly report any deficiencies or problems.
4. To perform deep cleaning tasks, as scheduled and assigned.
5. To communicate all guest requests to an appropriate supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
6. To satisfactorily perform routine housekeeping tasks in guest rooms, including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and straightening; cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms; replacing linens and towels; and replenishing amenities.
7. To satisfactorily perform routine turndown services in guest rooms, including emptying trash; removing used room service items; replacing used glasses, towels, paper products and amenities; wiping bathroom surfaces; removing bed covers; turning down bed linens; providing chocolates and special amenities; closing shutters; turning on bedside light; turning on radio to classical station; and cleaning ashtrays.
8. To assist, as directed, to perform housekeeping duties in the laundry.
9. To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
10. To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the proper handling of all relevant equipment.
11. To handle, store, and label all hazardous substances according to state and federal regulations.
12. To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
13. To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
14. To follow all policies and procedures of JC Resorts LLC.
15. To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
16. To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.