Truck driver self appraisal
Review period: from ___to___
1. Employee information:
2. Duties/responsibilities of Truck driver
a. What are your main job responsibilities of position: Truck driver? (for example as below):
• Position blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo for transport.
• Cleans, inspects, and services vehicle.
• Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
• Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
• Works as member of two-person team driving tractor with sleeper bunk behind cab.
b. Which job responsibilities do you view as most important? Why?
c. Have any new responsibilities been added or removed from your position: Truck driver this year? If so, what?
d. What could your supervisor/manager do to support you in doing your position: Truck driver?
e. Have you successfully performed any new tasks or additional duties outside the scope of your regular responsibilities? If so, please specify.
3. Improvement activities
• What additional support from your organization would help you do your job more effectively for position: Truck driver?
• What would help you to do your job better and provide greater job satisfaction?
• Describe any changes you suggested and/or implemented this year that led to improvement in your area (e.g., quality of work life, cost savings, efficiency) for position: Truck driver.
4. Job conditions of position: Truck driver
• What recommendations do you have that would make this a better place to work?
• What kind of support and/or guidance would you like to see from your supervisor/manager?
5. Skills and abilities of position: Truck driver
Please evaluate yourself on the following factors: outstanding, very competent, satisfactory, needs improvement.
• Strong Work Ethic.
• Positive Attitude.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Time Management Abilities.
• Problem-Solving Skills.
• Acting as a Team Player.
• Ability to Accept and Learn From Criticism.
• Working Well Under Pressure.
6. Goals of Truck driver
• What goals for position: Truck driver have you set for yourself during the next year? What types of projects would you like to be involved in?
• What would you have liked to have done this year for position: Truck driver, but were unable to? Why?
• List your most significant accomplishments or contributions during the past year. How do these achievements align with the goals/objectives outlined in your last review for position: Truck driver?
• What are your goals for next year and what action will you take to accomplish these goals?
7. Truck driver career development
• Indicate your career interests, including the type of assignment you would like next.
• List 3-5 of your career goals for the coming year and indicate how you plan to accomplish them.
• What skills do you have that you feel could be used more effectively?
8. Truck driver comments:
• Please use this space to provide any additional comments.
• Please attach additional sheets if necessary.
Related docs to transportation appraisal
• All Transportation job descriptions
• Transportation KPIs
• Self appraisal sample
• Performance appraisal methods
• Performance appraisal examples
• Performance review handbook
• Performance review form
• Performance review tools
• Performance review process
• 360 degree performance review