Truck driver performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Truck driver
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Truck driver?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Truck driver
You can use some tasks of Truck driver as follows:
• Position blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo for transport.
• Cleans, inspects, and services vehicle.
• Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
• Works as member of two-person team driving tractor with sleeper bunk behind cab.
• Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Truck driver if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Truck driver evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Truck driver evaluation
• All Transportation job descriptions
• Transportation interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation