Transportation coordinator job description
Job purpose of Transportation coordinator is manages the day to day operations of the van/bus drivers, and ensures the safety and well being of participants and staff, compliance with company, state and federal guidelines and the maintenance and care of company vehicles.
Key duties/responsibilities of Transportation coordinator:
1. Check and pack equipment, food and dairy items as specified by customer for flights.
2. Finalize meal counts, report reason for up-count or missed meals.
3. Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of trucks to aircraft.
4. Communicates with flight service manager and gate agents to verify meal count and necessary information regarding the flight.
5. Perform field checks and ensure safety on the field and the kitchen.
6. Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the department and kitchen.
7. Perform duties of transportation department positions when required.
8. Report on working condition of vehicles and equipment.
9. Write report for delays, incidents and mishaps, if needed.
10. Supervision of approx. 6 employees to include: training, coaching, performance evaluations, staff meetings and disciplinary action as necessary.
11. Maintains effective working relationships with drivers, day program staff and program participants who have intellectual and physical challenges, their family members, community resources, referral agencies and agency staff members
12. Oversees quality of program to ensure regulatory compliance and program goals.
13. Conducts community observations and writes reports.
14. Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
15. Will be required to serve as a driver when necessary.
16. Overseeing and scheduling the day to day activities of transportation employees.
17. Frequent communication with Management team regarding status and logistics of deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our customers.
18. Assist management team in the supervision of transportation personnel.
19. Ensure all deliveries/pick ups are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are communicated to all transportation employees.
20. Ensure adherence to all security and operational procedures.
21. Other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and the customer base.