15 Time management questions
I. Introduction about time management
Questions below will help you interview candidates about their skill of time management.
II. Interview questions of time management
1. How do you determine priorities in scheduling your time? Give an example?
2. Do you generally spend your time the way others want or the way you want?
3. Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline. What things did you fail to do? What were the repercussions? What did you learn?
4. Do you spend more than a few minutes to find important papers and documents?
5. Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective on prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule?
6. Do you find yourself spending too many hours in meetings that don’t accomplish very much?
7. Do you find yourself busy sorting out minor problems and then suffer frustration because you cannot get to the major ones?
8. Do you wish you had enough time for doing things you really enjoy and benefit yourself and others?
9. Do you suffer with a guilt complex when you take a longer period of rest?
10. Of your current assignments, which do you consider to have required the greatest amount of effort with regard to planning/organization? How have you accomplished this assignment? How would you asses your effectiveness?
11. Do you tend to get things done at the last minute after working furiously to complete the task?
12. How do you typically plan your day to manage your time effectively?
13. Do you scrutinize and read carefully everything that passes through your hands?
14. Describe a situation that required you to do a number of things at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?
15. Do you find there is not enough time to keep in good physical condition?