Systems engineer job description
1. Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
2. Deploy web products built on the Microsoft stack, including Windows 2003, IIS 6.0, MSMQ, SQL
3. Server 2005 and other third party components and services.
4. Deploy SQL Server data patches to multiple environments.
5. Assist in establishing and implementing configuration management program and policies.
6. Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
7. Assist in the management and support of product integration services with multiple business partners, including real-time web services and batch processing.
8. Assist in managing the corporate systems in a racked Windows/Intel environment, including the following: Windows 2003, Windows XP, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Terminal Services, DNS services, spam filters, intrusion detection systems, Cisco VPN and firewalls and VMWare servers.
9. Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
10. Server hardware provisioning including configuration and deployment.
11. Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems and data center (NOC) systems.
12. Build and deploy virtualization servers for corporate and data center environments.
13. Troubleshooting and support corporate operations such as corporate web sites, SFTP sites, ticketing system sites, test management suite and SMTP services.
14. Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle (manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: migration, engineering, quality assurance, training, sales, user acceptance testing, staging and production
15. Work with other team members in Operations, QA, and Product Management to plan the deployment of software releases and continuously improve the web infrastructure configuration processes
16. Work with Operations management to analyze, plan and develop the run-book automation related to the software deployment processes and supporting infrastructure
17. Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases