15 Strategic planning questions
I. Introduction about strategic planning
Questions below will help you interview candidates about their strategic planning.
II. Interview questions of strategic planning
1. What are the key concepts and definitions in strategic planning?
2. Describe what steps/methods you have used to define/identify a vision for your unit/position?
3. How would you describe the term ‘strategic thinking’?
4. What are the basic steps in a strategic planning process?
5. Outline in very broad terms how you would create a strategy for say, a public interest campaign?
6. How do you see your job relating to the overall goals of the organization?
7. What are the individual roles in a planning process?
8. What’s in a mission statement?
9. As part of the above strategic campaign, why should you carry out a SWOT analysis?
10. How should you go about identifying allies as part of any good business or organizational strategy plan?
11. As you develop a strategic vision for your organization what are the five key criteria that you should focus on?
12. In your current or former position, what were your long and short-term goals?
13. Tell us about a time when you anticipated the future and made changes to current responsibilities/operations to meet future needs?
14. What are the three most common reasons why change in management fails in most organizations?
15. How can we do a competitive analysis?
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com