Stewarding supervisor job description
Job purpose of Stewarding supervisor is to assist and lead the Stewarding Team, Restaurant Outlets, and Director of Food and Beverage in the cleaning and organizing of the Food and Beverage Outlets.
Key duties/responsibilities of Stewarding supervisor :
1. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
2. Ensure proper set-up, breakdown and maintenance of all banquet functions.
3. Interview, hire and train new stewards as required. Maintain proper administrative records on associates i.e. Attendance log, coaching and counseling sessions, disciplinary forms, etc.
4. Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean and dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, and dry mops.
5. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel.
6. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by the Executive Chef or Chef of their respective area of responsibility.
7. Maintain organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine.
8. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts; containers washed out and returned to kitchens.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.