SPA manager job description
Job purpose of SPA manager is to oversees the management direction and development of the retail, massage, esthetics, nail services and reception staff; to develops, monitors, and reviews all staffing, scheduling, facility operations, supply procurement, revenue management, safety training, standard operating procedures, payroll management and guest service satisfaction.
Key duties/responsibilities of SPA manager:
1. Operations management of SPA
• Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the Spa’s operation.
• Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
• Maintain professional relationships with suppliers and providers.
• Ensure stock and cash items are kept safely under lock and key.
• Minimize or eliminate losses through negligence with monitoring programs.
• Implement a clearly established opening and closing procedure.
• Manage inventory effectively; follow purchasing standards; ensure compliance
• Maintain an up to date version of the Spa Procedure Manual and ensure compliance.
• Develop and maintain Spa literature, documentation and process handling requirements.
• Attend Management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the Spa.
2. Financial management of SPA
• Control ongoing service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability.
• Implement opportunities for managing operational costs and boosting the bottom line.
• Develop procedures for accurate inventory control and monitoring.
• Implement full Spa product and service purchasing standards and ensure compliance.
• Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
• Interpret Financial Reports and provide expertise on (projected) Revenue vs. Expenses.
• Project and maintain acceptable payroll commitments.
• Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress.
3. Marketing management of SPA
• Guide business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
• Maintain a strong menu of services with both exceptional artistic and aesthetic value.
• Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training, tools and monitoring.
• Ensure the Spa is always staged for maximum buyer impact.
• Develop Spa’s Marketing Strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed.
• Develop and maintain gracious and efficient front desk procedures.
• Maintain and update all necessary internal and external signage.
• Create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers.
4. Customer Service management of SPA
• Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations.
• Uphold gracious front desk procedures in the booking and handling of customers.
• Maintain fresh, effective programs to consistently retain and grow customer base.
• Develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling.
• Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way.
• Monitor customer satisfaction with surveys, focus groups and comment cards.
• Develop and deliver credible, competitive, value-plus service to the customer.
• Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair.
5. Human Resources management of SPA
• Effectively administer and monitor Staff Scheduling procedures.
• Demonstrate an exceptional level of professionalism for the staff to emulate.
• Create a motivating environment of sincerity, warmth and fun for staff and guests.
• . Implement ongoing skills training to ensure service standards are being upheld.
• Develop and monitor Job Descriptions and Staff Goals Planning.
• Create and maintain Staff Contracts, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
• Perform Staff Evaluation Reports with proposed action plans.