SPA attendant job description
Job purpose of SPA attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Spa/Fitness area which includes the Spa, locker rooms, fitness room, pool area and spa deck.
Key duties/responsibilities of SPA attendant:
1. razors, small hand towels, mouthwash, water etc
2. Stock and clean relaxation room
3. Sanitize exercise equipment
4. Launder towels/spa robes and sandals as needed
5. Men and Women locker rooms stocked with shampoo, conditioner, shower gels,
6. Daily cleaning of fitness equipment.
7. Help monitor pool area; i.e. towels, chairs, trash, etc.
8. Maintain a professional, clean and sanitary appearance of the Spa, locker rooms, fitness area and pool area
9. Restock towels in both men/women locker rooms and pool area
10. Remove dirty lines to designated area
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/