Sous Chef job specification include job requirements:
1. 3-4 years of fine dining culinary management experience in a full-service, high-volume restaurant
2. Strong production skills maintaining a successful, established menu
3. Hands-on, motivational leadership style based in mutual respect
4. Ability to lead kitchen according to the highest standards
5. Steakhouse OR seafood experience
6. Culinary education required
7. High School diploma or equivalent required
8. Sanitation Certificate
9. Previous Chef experience preferred
10. Minimum one year volume cooking experience
11. Previous Health Care Food Service experience preferred
12. n-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
13. Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
14. Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
15. Proficient in general computer knowledge
16. A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
17. Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
18. Strong training and communication skills
19. Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
20. Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
• Sous Chef job description
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.