Software developer performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Software developer
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Software developer?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Software developer
You can use some tasks of Software developer as follows:
• Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
• Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
• Perform coding to written technical specifications.
• Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
• Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Software developer if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Software developer evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Software developer evaluation
• All Software job descriptions
• Software interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation