Shipping manager cover letter
You can use free sample cover letter for you needs.
I/ A cover letter template of Shipping manager
This cover letter can include contents as follows:
1. Your contact information
• Zip Code
3. Employer contact information
• Zip Code
4. Ref: Recruitment position on date of …………….
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name (or department name…)
6. First Paragraph
The first paragraph of your letter should include:
• What position you are applying for.
• Where you found the job listing
• I was referred to you by Mr. Peter Jan, a Partner with your ABC, who informed me that the NY office of Shipping manager is actively seeking to hire quality individuals for your dept.
• My friend, Anna Tan, currently working in the Sales department at ABC, recommended that I contact you about the Shipping manager currently available in your department. I am very excited about this opportunity and I would be an asset to your company based on my college coursework and prior experience.
7. Middle Paragraph(s)
In this section, you should describe what you have to offer the employer about position: Shipping manager. Note that you should make strong connections between your competencies and their job specification.
You should pay attention to:
• Do not repeat resume.
• Try to write this letter just in an A4.
• Just show key elements of your competencies that match to job specs.
These paragraphs can include contents as follows:
a> Knowledge and education
• All certificates related to this job.
b>Experience: you also mention some task that match with job specification, for example
• Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance.
• Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
• Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations.
• Coordinates the load out schedule with in-house distribution and outside contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
• Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
• Professional skills
• Soft skills
• Management skills
8. Final Paragraph
You should thank the employer for considering you for the position. Include information on how you will follow-up.
9. Complimentary Close
Handwritten Signature (for a mailed letter)