Senior accountant job description
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities of senior accountant
1. Assists in the employee evaluation process, counsels employees and effectively recommends initial discipline and other personnel decisions.
2. Provides input into goal setting process for the section.
3. Prepares and directs the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports.
4. Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned professional and technical support staff.
5. Recommends selection of staff; trains staff in work procedures, recommends discipline as required.
6. Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
7. Provides technical support to outside auditors and governmental program auditors.
8. Posts data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures.
9. Assists the Financial Services Manager with preparation and consolidation of annual District budget.
10. Assists the Financial Services Manager and auditors with the preparation of annual CAFR.
11. Responsible for closing books at year end upon completion of annual audit.
12. Prepares monthly Board of Health finance report.
13. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
14. Performs internal audits of accounts payable, payroll distribution, fixed assets, and cash. May make correcting journal entries in assigned areas.
15. Maintains the various ledger accounts including reconciliation of the District general ledger, revenue accounts, expenditures, and cash balances.
16. Responsible for payroll import from ABRA and reviews the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
17. Prepares reimbursement requests for federal and state grants; prepares correspondence and expenditure reports, monitors grant related expenditures and ledgers; prepares annual expenditure reports.
18. Monitors the financial activity on assigned programs and prepares expenditure reports for program managers as needed.
19. Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and makes or directs correcting entries.
20. Prepares, maintains control, and is responsible for subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
Job description related
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accountant job descriptions
• Project accountant job description
• Plant accountant job description
• Payroll accountant job description
• Fund accountant job description
• Financial accountant job description
• Chief accountant job description
• Cost accountant job description
• Property accountant job description
• Associate accountant job description
• Senior accountant job specification
• Accounting KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Accounting cover letters
• All samples of Accounting resumes