Security guard performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Security guard
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Security guard?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Security guard
You can use some tasks of Security guard as follows:
• Recommend new customer services and procedures to the General Manager or designated manager.
• Inspect the fence line for indications of unauthorized entry or potential security risks.
• Permits authorized persons to enter property. Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
• Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
• Coordinate all anti-crime activities with the Police; report and document incidence of crime activity to Police personnel – official arrests shall be made by Police personnel.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Security guard if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Security guard evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Security guard evaluation
• Security job descriptions
• Security interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation