Uniform Room Seamstress /Tailor job description
Job purpose of seamstress is to alter and repair garments and linen according to department policies assist with issuing, receiving and maintaining employee uniforms.
Key duties/responsibilities of seamstress:
1. Possess and execute complete knowledge of wardrobe policies.
2. Maintain inventory levels by accurately tracking uniforms that are distributed and collected, and provide requisition information to operating managers based on assessed needs.
3. Report uniform quality and maintenance problems to the Director of Human Resources.
4. Submit purchase requisitions for approval alteration supplies.
5. Reports any safety hazards to assigned supervisor.
6. Alter and repair garments, and linens according to department policies.
7. Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
8. Tag and/or mark garments as needed.
9. Keeps accurate records of all material needed and used to alter and repair garments.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/