Sales representative interview questions
1. How would your customers describe you as their sales representative?
2. How would you describe your personality?
3. How do you qualify your prospects?
4. What are your favorite sales-related books?
5. Sell me this ink?
6. What was your biggest failure? What did you learn from it?
7. What do you do personally for your professional development?
8. In your experience, describe the most important element to success in selling solutions and value?
9. Tell me about the toughest Sales meeting you have ever had? Why was it so challenging? How did you overcome the challenge?
10. Think of a time when a sales negotiation didn’t turn out exactly as you had
11. What type of sales cycle do you prefer: A long one for a big-ticket item or a series of smaller, more frequent sales? Why?
12. What is the largest group you’ve presented to, externally or internally?
13. What attracted you to this company?
14. To be effective in this job, you will need to be good at persuading and influencing potential clients. Give me an example of a situation where you had to convince a group of individuals to agree with you when they were not predisposed to agree with you?
15. Ethics are very important in the sales environment. Suppose you saw another Sales Representative giving an unethical cash benefit, gift and so on to a client as a bribe for making a purchase. How would you handle this situation?
16. Tell me about your experience with using a full-cycle, consultative sales approach?
17. What did you like and dislike about the products or services you’ve sold before, and why?
18. Describe a situation in which you made a mistake handling a client or prospect. How did you react?
19. How would your coworkers and managers describe you and the work you do?
20. What kind of skills do you think one needs to close a sale?
21. What do you think are the key issues in negotiating a sale?
22. What are some of the challenges you see facing the particular type of sales this company is involved in?
23. Tell us about the most irate customer you had to deal with? How did you handle the situation?
24. Describe a time you led a group of people. What were the challenges you faced? How did you handle these challenges?
25. What do you like and dislike about making presentations, and why?
26. How do you organize a presentation?
27. Provide us with example of strategies used to develop, maintain and grow new and existing account sales through the effective sales and promotion of products in designated sales territory?
28. How do you keep abreast of new technologies? What is the most challenging technology you had to learn and how did you overcome this difficulty?
29. Describe the most difficult sale you had to make and how you closed the deal with a customer?
30. Give us an example of how you generate leads and develop contacts within the assigned territory and customers for increasing sales to existing and new customers?
31. What do you do to monitor industry trends? Have you developed and submitted?
32. How do you build relationships with clients in order to understand their needs and strategies?
33. Tell me about a time when you did not get along with another Sales Representative? How did you resolve your problem?
34. Give me an example of when you overcame an objection to gain a major sale?
35. What was your most important sale in your career as a Sales Rep? Why was this sale so important? What did you learn from this experience?
36. Here’s your chance to sell us. Why should we hire you as our Sales Representative?
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com