Sales Executive Job Description
1. Key duties of Sales executive
• Deliver presentations of products at customer sites and at conferences and exhibitions;
• Install and demonstrate software at customer sites;
• Meet annual sales targets;
• Attend trade exhibitions and user group meetings;
• Deliver platform presentations, posters and publications at conferences;
• Maintain company’s contact management database with accurate, up-to-date contact and activity details;
• Produce monthly sales reports;
• Provide feedback from members and potential customers to enhance product performance and service delivery;
• Support product development by testing new product releases and acting as a Senior User.
• Identify and make contact with potential customers;
• Respond to sales requirements from existing and potential customers;
• Maintain contact with existing and potential customers to promote sales and deliver detailed account plans;
2. Job specification of Sales executive
Job specification (KSAs) of Sales executive include: knowledge, skills, abilities conditions.
You can refer at: Sales executive job specification.
• Other sources: Sales manager job description
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/