Samples / examples of top 20 sales associate interview questions
1. How do you attempt to sale when there are no customers in the sore?
2. What are your weaknesses?
3. Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer?
4. If a customer came in and wanted to return an item they had obviously used extensively with not receipt what would you do?
5. Give me an example of when you received poor customer service. (or: Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to give great customer service?
6. Describe your favorite salesperson or sales experience. What did they do?
7. Describe a situation where you heard employee gossip that may not have been true about another person, and what did you do about it?
8. Describe a high morale group or team you have worked in. What did they do to get that?
9. How does this job fit with your long-term goals?
10. Why did you pick this particular item and tell me why you like it. How would you try to sell this to a customer?
11. What would be the best approach to dealing with a potential loss prevention issue in the store?
12. What makes you a good sales associate?
13. Why do you want to get into sales?
14. What do you love best about _____? e.g.: plants, ropes, plumbing, western clothes, etc.
15. Tell us about a time you succeeded in selling something to someone
16. Describe a time when you had to work through a problem with a co-worker or boss?
17. Give us an example of a time when you worked under pressure and how you handled it?”
18. Which is worse: an employee stealing from…”
19. What in your opinion is good customer…”?
20. How would you meet your sales goal, without…”?
• All customer service and Sales interview questions
• All Sales job description
• Job interview ebooks (you can download free and ref best job interview ebooks)
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com