Sales and marketing manager job description
This post includes contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Sales and marketing manager.
To set up Sales and marketing manager job description, you should ref topics below:
I. Sample duties/responsibilities of Sales and marketing manager
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. Discuss problems with customers, answer questions and present “win-win” solutions
2. Contact customers and conduct on-going analysis of competition’s pricing actions, sales volume, trends, consumer promotion, advertising activity and tracking studies.
3. Identify, lead and manage the new product introduction process for this channel.
4. Analyzes and defines the market for division product growth within the assigned product market segment.
5. Initiates, leads and directs division new-business proposal and proposal efforts, working through the proposal manager for internal preparation activities.
6. Provides the data to prepare up-to-date and control forecasts covering projected new-business sales, bookings, proposal activity/costs, and investment requirements by customer and program.
7. Develops and maintains relationships with existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting directly via phone.
8. Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
9. Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
10. Establish and maintain close working relationships with critical internal departments such as supply base, supply chain, manufacturing, R&D and trade marketing.
11. Responsible for the achievement of department/division/unit productivity and sales goals to manage the Marketing Department Budget.
12. Delivery of all marketing activity within agreed budget
13. Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
14. Develops marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies, and action plan for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules and action assignments, which will focus on meeting organizational objectives.
15. Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements and follow up on those quotations presented.
16. Identify opportunities related to changes in the industry, including engineering advances within customers. Responsible for competitive market assessment and trends, Voice of the customer research, customer/consumer segmentation and strategic/SWOT analysis.
17. Analyze internal shipment, revenue, margin data and analysis of relevant economic and industry data that impacts the segment.
18. Coordination of catalog research and production efforts to ensure application and cross-reference coverage are meeting the needs of targeted customer channels.
19. Work with Marketing Services and the Brand team to develop key promotions and collateral pieces to support product lines.
20. Maximizing sales revenues within the Small Engine channel to include conducting regular meetings with potential customers.
21. Communicate prices, terms or conditions of sales programs with customers
II. Related docs to job description:
• 22 marketing job descriptions samples.
• Marketing KPIs(used to measure work performance for all marketing positions).
• All samples of marketing resumes
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.