Room attendant job specification include job requirements:
1. Housekeeping experience desirable.
2. Neat, pleasant personality.
3. Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Ability to read room numbers, dates, and basic instructions.
6. Minimum of one year of customer service experience
7. Previous office/clerical work experience
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and/or systems (Including: Microsoft Word, Excel, corporate email system and Internet/Intranet) preferred
9. Housekeeping experience desirable.
10. Neat, pleasant personality.
11. Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time.
12. Ability to push/pull 50 pounds
13. Ability to climb stairs and work in heat
14. Ability to bend frequently
15. Ability to communicate effectively.
16. Ability to read room numbers, dates, and basic instructions.
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.