This post includes contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Restaurant supervisor.
To set up Restaurant supervisor job description, you should ref topics below:
I. Sample functions of Restaurant supervisor
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood, and met by hourly associates
2. Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently
3. Work with management to ensure that newly hired hourly associates receive orientation training
4. Counsel hourly associates on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity enlisting the support of management as needed.
5. Listen to hourly associates’ suggestions for improving how work is done and guests are served. Gain management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
6. Work with management to ensure that hourly associates have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory.
7. Ensure that hourly associates are trained on technical and service aspects of the job (e.g., food or room preparation, customer service)
8. Work with management to ensure that hourly associates clearly understand their job roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations
9. Address guest concerns, requests, or issues either individually or by enlisting the help of others (i.e., management and hourly associates)
10. Give constructive feedback to hourly associates to help them do their jobs better
11. Act as a “bridge” between management and hourly associates to facilitate department operation (e.g., keep managers appraised of hourly associate activities, issues, challenges, etc.)
12. Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance around GSS scores.
13. Enforce compliance with LSOP/SOP (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards)
14. Collaborate with management to recognize and celebrate hourly associate performance contributions (e.g., department-specific recognition programs)
15. Manage basic human resource issues/concerns of hourly associates enlisting the support of management as needed.
16. Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance around AOS scores
17. Participate in Guarantee of Fair Treatment process as an hourly associate’s first point of contact
18. Conduct day-to-day shift or oversee department operation (e.g., conduct shift briefings, ensure shift coverage)
19. Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical or functional job duties (e.g., check-in/out, food preparation, room preparation).
Base on the above job description, you can set up: KPIs, KRAs, job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
If you need more free Restaurant supervisor job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can re-write this form in pdf/word file.
II. Related docs to job description:
• 15 Restaurant job descriptions samples.
• All Restaurant KPIs.
• All samples of Restaurant resumes.
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.