These are 60 interview questions for restaurant as follows:
1. How long are you working in restaurant business?
2. Do you relish working with different type of public?
3. How much do you expect in terms of remuneration?
4. How flexible and adaptable are you in your work?
5. What are the good attributes of a restaurant worker?
6. Why did you become a restaurant/hospitality manager, chef, etc.?
7. Do you have a passion for the business/guest/food?
8. What do you know about our restaurant/property/company?
9. What kind of work can I expect to be doing the first year?
10. Could you describe the training program to me?
11. Who will review my performance? How often? Using what criteria?
12. How much guidance or assistance is made available to individuals in developing career goals?
13. Can you describe an ideal employee?
14. What is your organization’s policy on transfers to other cities?
15. What kind of food does your restaurant serve?
16. What is the employee discount?
17. If I get the job when can I take time off for vacation?
18. Can I change my schedule if I get the job?
19. Did I get the job?
20. Do you see me as a fit for this position?
21. Do you have any concerns?
22. How do my qualifications compare with other candidates that you have interviewed?
23. What is the next step in the process?
24. How would you describe your management style? Your personality?
25. What motivates you? How do you motivate others?
26. What was the best company you ever worked for? The worst? The best boss you ever had? Your least favorite? Why?
27. What are some of your greatest accomplishments?
28. Tell me about your cost control abilities? What have you done to help or improve your financial results?
29. How would your supervisor/fellow managers/employees describe you? (This is more “Tell me about yourself.”
30. Have you ever been involved in confrontation with a guest/employee/supervisor at work? How did you resolve it?
31. How would you handle the following situation?….
32. What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in 3/5/10 years? What are you looking for in a job?
33. What makes you an effective manager/chef?
34. What are your strengths? Weakness? What are you doing to improve your weakness?
35. What are some of you greatest achievements or successes? What are some of your worst failures?
36. Why did you leave your last job? Why do you want to leave your current position?
37. What do you like least about being a manager/chef?
38. Give me an example when you…..
39. What upsets you/tries your patience?
40. How long do you think you will stay with our company?
41. What makes you the best candidate for this position? What do you think you bring to the table?
42. What questions do you have for me?
43. What are the company’s strengths and weaknesses compared to its competition?
44. How important does upper management consider the function of this department/position?
45. Have you been to any of our restaurants/properties? What did you think? What did you observe while you were there? Did you get a chance to interact with any of our managers or staff? What would you improve or change?
46. What do you think sets us apart from our competitors?
47. What is your motivation to want to work specifically for that concept?
48. Why do you want to work for our hotel/club/restaurant/property?
49. Who else are you interviewing with? How do we compare to them?
50. Have you been offered any positions yet?
51. How likely are you to continue in the process with this company?
52. What do you think is a chef’s/manager’s role? What qualities should they possess?
53. What is the company’s policy on providing seminars, workshops, and training so employees can keep up their skills or acquire new ones?
54. What particular POS equipment and software do you use?
55. What is the concept’s growth plan for the next five years, and how does this location/region fit in?
56. Could you explain your organizational structure?
57. How will my leadership responsibilities and performance be measured? By whom?
58. What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
59. Could you describe your company’s management style and the type of manager who fits well with it?
60. What are some of the skills and abilities necessary for someone to succeed in this job?