Restaurant cashier competencies
This post includes key core competencies for Restaurant cashier. It should includes key knowledge, Restaurant cashier skills, Restaurant cashier abilities and other characteristics (KSAs or KSAOs).
Competency profile of Restaurant cashier:
Restaurant cashier education and knowledge:
• Knowledge of cooking procedures
• Knowledge of restaurant and kitchen equipment
• Knowledge of safety rules for kitchen equipment
• Knowledge of where and how everything is stored
Restaurant cashier skills and abilities:
• Organized, goal oriented and ability to multi-task
• Excellent leaders with great people skills
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound decision making and problem solving
• High level of initiative
• Time management and deadline oriented
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong hospitality and guest service skills – enjoys engaging with the guest
• Ability to attract and retain a strong team
Related docs to Restaurant cashier:
• 15 Restaurant job descriptions samples.
• All Restaurant KPIs.
• All samples of Restaurant resumes.
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.