Real estate analyst job description
Job purpose of Real estate analyst is to assist in the development of real estate appraisals for REO and residential. She/he will also conduct quality control reviews of property appraisal reports to ensure that appraisal have been conducted in accordance with the requirements and standards of company.
Key duties/responsibilities of Real estate analyst:
1. Serve as the finance department’s representative to Acquisitions and Development. Directly support senior management and the acquisitions and development departments with all financial needs and projects.
2. Reviewing industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
3. Assisting with preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
4. Analyze financial performance of potential and current properties and portfolios and prepare/present investment and strategic planning recommendations.
5. Develop underwriting assumptions.
6. Designing financial models for discounted cash flow (Argus and MS Excel), Comparable Property Sales Models and Construction Cost Models.
7. Independently gathering data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction, including personal & telephone Interviews with Brokers and Property Managers.
8. Prepare detailed analysis of properties which include operating and financial statements, tenants, leases, taxes and insurance.
9. Prepare investment recommendations.
10. Performing local, national and international real estate market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and relevant approaches and theory.
11. Coordinate the closing process with sellers, lenders, appraisers and title companies.
12. Facilitate integration of new transactions with the Accounting Department.
13. Serve as a resource for financial analysis to multiple internal customer groups.
14. Work with and help to develop the skills of the other Analysts.
15. Performing in-depth industry, market and competitor research.
Related real estate documents: