Quality manager job description include key duties/responsibilities:
1. Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
2. Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
3. Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products
4. Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
5. Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
6. Considering the application of environmental and health and safety standards.
7. Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply.
8. Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
9. Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
10. Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
11. Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
12. Preparing clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters.
13. Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
14. Organize and manage quality assurance function in close co-operation with the customers and with the Company’s Management team (Member of Management Team).
15. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
16. Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters.
17. Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary.
18. Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
19. Writing technical and management systems reports.
20. Bringing together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures.
21. Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
22. Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
23. Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
24. Setting qa compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
25. Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
26. Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com