Quality KPIs include key performance indicators of manufacturing management as follows:
1. The percentage must do it again – rework
• The rework rate is number of defect products must be rework as requirements.
• This rate reflects the loss of the company by the workers to do the products, processes.
2. The types of rework rate:
a> Rework rate of workers in a department.
• This rate reflects skills of workers or the “care“ level of workers.
• There are workers with their productivity is very high but their rework rate also very high.
b> The rework rate of a department:
Using this rate let you level of reword and the management ability of managers / supervisors.
c> Compare rework to other departments.
You should not compare in terms of value that you just compare in terms of quantity.
d> Rework rate of entire company.
e> The amount lost due to rework.
• Time loss due to remake the products including time of product made + preparation time + time to rework – standard time.
• Lost value = time lost due to rework * productivity * price.
3. The rate of defect goods
The rate of defect goods are all products damaged by the department or individual that made.
a> The rate of defect goods of individual
• The rate of damaged goods by individuals can be calculated by product or step in manufacturing process.
• You should have a policy of reward / punishment to encourage reduce this rate.
b> The rate of defect goods of department
• With the total number of damaged / total number of products / order.
• You can create policies such as the penalty / award in 3.b.
Author: Davi Ngo, hrvinet.com