Quality inspector job description
Job purpose of Quality inspector
To performs inspection and testing duties to insure that shipped product fulfills all customer specifications and quality requirements.
Key duties/responsibilities of Quality inspector:
1. Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
2. File incoming component device history records.
3. Train contract / temporary employees in the Incoming inspection procedures.
4. Conduct inspections at First Article, in-process, in-coming and completes the final inspections.
5. Initiate Non-Conformance reports (Material Rejection Notices) as required
6. Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics.
7. Document and report inspection findings and results and monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
8. Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
9. Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
10. Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
11. Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment.
12. Perform material kit audits to insure accuracy and integrity of the kitting process.
13. Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
14. Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with project engineers to ensure schematics are in compliance with the final product.
15. Train staff in quality assurance techniques.
16. Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs; logs the assembly non-conformities and generates a report (NCR).
17. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by lead workers.
18. Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Insure that all product have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
19. Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
Related quality assurance documents:
• Quality inspector job specification
• All samples of Quality assurance job description
• Quality interview questions
• Quality assurance manager job description
• Quality engineer job description
• Quality analyst job description
• Quality manager job description