Quality analyst job description
1. Key duties of Quality analyst
1. Retrieving, Reviewing and analyzing QI data.
2. Identifying barriers and root causes of QI issues and performance gaps.
3. Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
4. Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
5. Participating in committees as needed.
6. Collecting and producing written documentation for reporting findings.
7. Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
8. Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
9. Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
10. Experience developing reports.
11. Familiarity with customer audits.
12. Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
13. Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
14. Performing trend analyzes, and identifying quality improvement opportunities.
15. Completing reports and presents statistical analyzes and findings.
16. Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
17. Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
18. Researches best practices to impact quality improvement initiatives and utilization standards.
19. Monitoring the application of improvement initiatives.
20. Identifying and recommending procedures and workflow improvements.
21. Working with others to develop and streamline work flows.
22. Collecting, assisting with developing and analyzing quality measurement data.
23. May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
24. May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.
25. May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.
26. May train software program users.
27. Providing training to enable employees to meet consistent quality standards.
28. Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
29. Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
30. Providing feedback to both management and employees on the quality of work.
2. Job specification of Quality analyst
Job specification (KSAs) of Quality analyst include: knowledge, skills, abilities conditions.
You can refer at: Quality analyst job specification.
This job description also is used for quality assurance analyst job description, QA analyst job description, Quality control (QC) analyst job description
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com