why is job analysis important ?
Directly outcomes / results of job analysis are job description and job specification. Apart from job description and job specification, Functions / benefits of job analysis include elements as below.
1. Purpose of job analysis in Recruitment and Selection:
Job analysis is very important for contents as:
• Job duties that should be included in advertisements of vacant positions;
• Appropriate salary level for the position to help determine what salary should be offered to a candidate;
• Minimum requirements (education and/or experience) for screening applicants;
• Interview questions;
• Selection tests/instruments (e.g., written tests; oral tests; job simulations);
• Applicant appraisal/evaluation forms;
• Orientation materials for applicants/new hires
2. Purpose of job analysis in Job evaluation
• Judges relative worth of jobs in an organization
• Sets fair compensation rates
3. Purpose of job analysis in Job design
• Reduce personnel costs, streamline work processes,
• Increase productivity and employee empowerment,
• Enhance job satisfaction and provide greater scheduling flexibility for the employee.
• Simplify job with too many disparate activities
• Identifies what must be performed, how it will be performed, where it is to be performed and who will perform it.
4. Purpose of job analysis in Compensation and Benefits:
Job Analysis can be used in compensation to identify or determine:
• Skill levels
• Compensation job factors
• Work environment (e.g., hazards; attention; physical effort)
• Responsibilities (e.g., fiscal; supervisory)
• Required level of education (indirectly related to salary level
5. Importance of job analysis in Performance Appraisal:
Job Analysis can be used in performance review to identify or develop:
• Goals and objectives
• Performance standards
• Length of probationary periods
• Duties to be evaluated
• Evaluation criteria
6. Importance of job analysis in Training and development:
Job Analysis can be used in training needs assessment to identify or develop:
• Training content
• Assessment tests to measure effectiveness of training
• Equipment to be used in delivering the training
• Methods of training (i.e., small group, computer-based, video, classroom…)
7. Job analysis increases productivity
How a job analysis increases productivity?
• Job analysis also identify performance criteria so that it promote worker for best performance.
• Job analysis can use methods of time and motion study or micro-motion analysis in order to time and motion for job.
8. Importance of job analysis in Compliance with labor law:
• Identify requirements in compliance with labor law.
• Compliance with Civil Rights Legislation in US.
• EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) compliance in US
• Process of job analysis
• Methods of job analysis
• Job analysis questionnaires
• Job analysis sample (near 10 forms of job analysis).
• What is job analysis
• Classification of job analysis methods
• Practical problems with job analysis
• Information source of job analysis
• HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)
Author: Davi Ngo, hrvinet.com