Purchasing planner job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Purchasing planner.
Job purpose of Purchasing planner (vice president)
To be Responsible for all planning and purchase order creation related duties associated with the review, scheduling, analyzing, and planning of company part numbers.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing planner:
• Negotiate changes and other terms and conditions with suppliers to obtain the best return at the most cost effective prices possible while retaining quality specifications.
• Maintain working professional relationships with all assigned suppliers.
• Review supplies and take correct action to eliminate non-performing suppliers.
• Check inventory control accuracy.
• Identify and validate subcontractors for technical and manufacturing ability and total quality management.
• Procurement of components for main production line; establish legitimacy of production requisition; and establish legitimacy of quantity required against structure of component.
• Work may be part of specialty team, as an individual contributor or a combination of both.
• Negotiate pricing with suppliers.
• Buyer/planner for assigned commodities / electronic components/ quoting (RFQ’s).
• May negotiate changes and other terms and conditions to obtain the best return at the most cost effective prices possible while retaining quality specifications.\
• Would also be responsible for taking corrective action to eliminate non-performing vendors.
• Resolve production part shortages/ inventory control/ kitting.
• Negotiate and issue purchase orders, commodity agreements, long term purchase orders and blanket purchase orders.
• Produce cost reductions/ source offshore components.
• Effectively manage material/ vendor returns/ etc..
Related purchasing documents
• Job specification of Purchasing planner
• Purchasing job descriptions
• All Purchasing KPIs
• Purchasing interview questions
• Purchasing manager job description
• Purchasing career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related purchasing career…)