Purchasing manager job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Purchasing manager.
Job purpose of Purchasing manager
To be responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control, quality control and factory control.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing manager:
1. Implement procurement strategy and policies.
2. Forecast procurement needs.
3. Create and implement KPI’s.
4. Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
5. Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
6. Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
7. Lead the procurement group in all phases.
8. Identify and develop training opportunities.
9. Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
10. Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
11. Maintain procurement files.
12. Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
13. Training purchasing Clerks and Salesmen in the department.
14. Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
15. Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
16. Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
17. Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
18. Taking over an existing project of customized and private label food products.
19. Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
20. Dealing with suppliers.
21. Dealing with Brokers.
22. Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new food products.
23. Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
24. Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
You also customize this job description for purchasing director job description, purchasing specialist job description.
Related purchasing documents
• Purchasing manager job specification
• Purchasing job descriptions
• All Purchasing KPIs
• Purchasing interview questions
• Purchasing career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related purchasing career…)