Purchasing coordinator job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Purchasing coordinator.
Job purpose of Purchasing coordinator
To Manage the purchasing of fixtures and available inventory for new stores, remodels, wish lists, rollouts, and miscellaneous requests, as well as distribution and deliveries. Monitor and manage stored inventory and in-house inventory. Update and track licensee information. Seek and develop new sources of supply. Prepare and manage RFP for goods and services as assigned by Purchasing Director.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing coordinator:
• Review the invoice matching hold report and resolve discrepancies.
• Send updated prints to suppliers.
• Coordinate movement of all purchased materials from suppliers to the plants and address any supply/supplier issues.
• Support the Purchasing Manager on operational projects as needed.
• Resolve receiving error issues.
• Provide non-inventory purchasing support.
• Assess production requirements on a weekly/monthly/quarterly cycle based on the sales forecast and address purchasing requirements for each plant for all raw materials.
• Perform PO and item master maintenance transactions in the ERP system.
• Update POs with current delivery information.
• Expedite components as needed to keep production lines running.
• Maintain supplier files by keeping them complete and up to date.
• Follow established guidelines and procedures for field and branch purchases and establish preferred supplier list as required.
• Will plan and coordinate the production volumes at each plant and tie it with the Sales Forecast.
• Review and verify past due PO reports and contact suppliers to address overdue POs.
• Develop relationships with suppliers in order to resolve delivery and quality concerns.
Related purchasing documents
• Job specification of Purchasing coordinator
• Purchasing job descriptions
• All Purchasing KPIs
• Purchasing interview questions
• Purchasing manager job description
• Purchasing career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related purchasing career…)