Purchasing clerk job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Purchasing clerk.
Job purpose of Purchasing clerk
To be responsible for processing the non-inventory orders. This includes, but is not limited to, accepting and placing supply orders and related customer service.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing clerk:
1. Maintain system of ordering materials, supplies, and equipment.
2. Communicating with all department representatives for supplies and budget guidelines.
3. Returns processing/credits.
4. Invoice problem resolution.
5. Coordinate Material Safety Data Sheet system with Environmental Services department.
6. Confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
7. Order follow-up (telephone/email communication).
8. Ensures accuracy of all orders and
9. Creation of purchase orders.
10. Communication of orders to vendors.
11. Annual standing purchase orders.
12. Checks all deliveries/packages and distributes appropriately
13. Organizes storage and cataloguing supplies/equipment in accordance with department and hospital policies.
14. Assist with standardization compliance of routing guidelines.
15. Periodic SAP system clean up.
16. Ensure audit compliance and order accuracy.
17. Work with accounts payable for new vendor set-up.
Related purchasing documents
• Job specification of Purchasing clerk
• Purchasing job descriptions
• All Purchasing KPIs
• Purchasing interview questions
• Purchasing manager job description
• Purchasing career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related purchasing career…)