Purchasing assistant job description
Job purpose of Purchasing assistant
To compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities of the Purchasing Department, and supports the Purchasing Manager and others as needed.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing assistant:
1. Distributing job information to subcontractors (such as model option selections, etc.).
2. Preparing spreadsheets and obtains details for price increases.
3. Initiating contract addendum after approval.
4. Assisting subcontractors with field, contract or billing problems.
5. Maintaining regular contact with Purchasing Manager, Marketing Staff, Field Office Staff, Superintendents, Subcontractors, and other Purchasing Staff.
6. Administering contracts.
7. Compiling Sales Manual of standard materials and options offered for each project.
8. Maintaining vendor list of prospective subcontractors and materials/new products.
9. Assisting with new project bidding.
10. Maintaining logs.
11. Collecting and entering bids into spreadsheets for evaluation by the Purchasing Manager.
12. Entering all contracts into software, prints and sends them to subcontractors.
13. Obtaining information required for contracting, addendums and options.
14. Providing samples and information to sales staff.
15. Maintaining log of outstanding contracts, and deltas of plans.
16. Creating order forms for Sales Associates.
17. Obtaining pricing of Estimate Requests for non-standard options.
18. Ordering plans for office staff, subcontractors, field employees, etc., as needed.
19. Copying and filing signed contracts and provides copy to subcontractors.
20. Supplying necessary information to subcontractors and superintendents.
21. Tracking workers compensation and auto liability insurance of subcontractors.
22. Compiling bid packages (including plans and job information) for all subcontractors bidding a job.
Related purchasing documents
• Purchasing assistant job specification
• Purchasing job descriptions
• All Purchasing KPIs
• Purchasing interview questions
• Purchasing career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related purchasing career…)