Public area supervisor job description
Job purpose of Public area supervisor is Responsible for supervising the cleaning and maintenance of the public areas of the hotel.
Key duties/responsibilities of Public area supervisor:
1. Support and follow company policies, legal requirements, and guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
2. Provide the direction for a positive, empowering work environment by setting the example and consistency of day to day work habits
3. Manage all department functions including short and long term planning, as well as daytoday operations
4. Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with property and company guidelines, and maintain employee files.
5. Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements
6. Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
7. Provide input into and execute strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan as submitted to the Vice President of Hotel Services.
8. Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment
9. Maintain the integrity of a property wide inspection program on a regular basis
10. Maintain effective communications with all hotel operational departments to effectively resolve situations impacting guest service or malfunctions of departmental equipment
11. Operate smooth, efficient, cost effective operation; including labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control.
12. Ensure projects are effectively implemented and meets department objectives
13. Supervise department functions on a shift basis
14. Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures
15. Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards
16. Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized
17. Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role
18. Accept full responsibility for the department in the absence of the Shift Manager
19. Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment, thank them when they lend assistance.
20. Respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties
• Public area supervisor job specification