Project engineer job description include Key tasks:
1. Head project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects.
2. Technical specification review and resolution.
3. Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and customer.
4. Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an “on-time” result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items.
5. Monitor program cost activity to achieve an “in budget” result.
6. Prepare quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, design.
7. Create bill of material, detailed instructions for manufacturing process of new part, specification for packaging, external supplier specification to provide standard cost structure and instructions for manufacturing.
8. From customer drawings, determines possibility of failure in our manufacturing process. Analyze process to learn likelihood of detection and resulting effect on customer product. Suggest preventative steps for correction.
9. Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting’s closing process.
10. Evaluates project performance of functional areas.
11. Performs work which involves conventional methods and types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features.
12. Selects and recommends procedures or development of methods.
13. Assignments involve activities requiring knowledge of standard principles and techniques. Assists in mentoring of Engineering Associates.
14. Directs and supervises other engineering activities.
15. Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications.
16. Prepares designs, drawings, plans and specifications for projects, engineered systems, technical equipment or components.
17. Supervises technical testing, survey or field engineering teams.
18. Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
19. Assists in the preparation of probable construction cost estimates.
20. Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and aerial photographs on soil compositions, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
21. Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
22. Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
23. Instructs technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
24. Reviews and monitors project progress to assure quality and adherence to requirements of contract documents.
25. Responsible for control of work-in-progress, ensures accurate client billings, monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on related projects.
26. Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary by their supervisor.
27. Receives instructions on assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
28. Receives / solicits guidance on unusual and/or complex problems and supervisory approval on work plans.
• All Project job description
• Other sources: Project manager job description
• Project career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related project career…)