Production planner job description
1. Production-planning supervision, scheduling for production, preparing production schedules for manufacturing of industrial or commercial products.
2. Making sure each operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
3. Analyzing production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
4. Planning and scheduling workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
5. Planning sequence of assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
6. Determining the status of assigned projects, expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
7. Preparing production reports.
8. May also prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
9. Plans the process for manufacture, fabrication, assembly, erection or installation of parts, components, assemblies, etc.
10. Analyzes and interprets construction bills of material, scopes, specifications, etc., to determine the content & plan manageable work elements.
11. Prepares defined work packages, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, references, inspection requirements, etc., to initiate and control production work.
12. Monitors, analyzes & reports performance to schedule of production & production support activities, utilizing information derived from material and production control systems.
13. Ensures all parties are fully cognizant of production status, & that work planning and execution objectives are integrated & communicated.
14. Analyzes requests for maintenance/repair services & determines the validity, content & scope of requested work.
15. An incumbent may also prepare sketches & drawings to clarify instructions, & provide other relevant information, such as applicable codes, regulations, etc.
16. Coordinates & expedites the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of material.
17. Interfaces w/Purchasing, Engineering, Vendor or Navy personnel to coordinate the ship out of vendor material.
18. Schedules, expedites, & coordinates the delivery & movement of critical material, including material transfers & conditional material releases.
19. Assists in the development of propulsion plant refueling and testing plans & schedules.
20. Coordinates the resolution of discrepancy reports, vendor service requests, etc.
21. Initiates replacement orders for lost, damaged or discrepant items.
22. Resolves problems utilizing acquired knowledge & analytical abilities.
• All Manufacturing KPI
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com