Production manager job description
I/ Job information of production manager
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of production manager
1. Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
2. Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
3. Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
4. Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned dh hours.
5. Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
6. Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
7. Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
8. Working out the human and material resources needed.
9. Ensure prescribed line pm’s are completed timely.
10. Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMP’s and 5S processes.
11. Drafting a timescale for the job.
12. Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
13. Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
14. Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
15. Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
16. Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
17. Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
18. Liaising among different departments, e.g. Suppliers, managers.
19. Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
20. Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
21. Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
22. Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives.
23. Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
24. Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
III / Job specification of production manager
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English/journalism or related field.
2. 3-5 years experience in production at same position.
3. Management skill.
4. Planning skill.
5. Leadership skill.
6. English, computer: good.
7. Proven track record in managing production, preferably with an outdoor recreation or travel focus with multiple projects published yearly. Experience managing the publication of a journal and maps as well as books desired.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
9. Ability to create and manage production budgets.
10. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic editing programs.
11. Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and independent worker.
13. Experience coordinating work of freelance editors, proofreaders, and designers.
14. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
• All manufacturing KPI
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com