Production director job description
Job purpose of Production director
To be highly organized and have an ability to anticipate opportunities and problems, oversee and advise on the creation of high quality video pieces to reinforce the look of brands in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Key duties/responsibilities of Production director:
1. Provide leadership and industry expertise in the creative process between marketing and post production group by contributing to creative options and solutions.
2. Investigate technology and software developments in order to enhance our products.
3. Establish maintenance program and schedule all preventive and repair services, secures equipment rentals.
4. Seen as an open and collaborative leader in terms of new ideas and approaches within post production team, by clients.
5. Manage post-production staff including freelance crews, editors, and technicians.
6. Optimize guidelines and best practices for post production, while advising and developing staff.
7. Consistently work with product managers, art directors/key creative partners to assure creative needs and process is well defined and followed while maintaining a high level of creativity and production value within the boundaries of quality, time and budget.
8. Establish rates and accounts with vendors while leveraging volume of post-production work to negotiate cost effective rates in labor, facilities, and equipment.
9. Prepare post-production budgets and forecasts, inform budget partners on post-production requirements.
10. Offer original ideas and creative input to all stages of post production based on client and business needs.
11. Contract and schedule freelance or outsourced labor.
12. Supervise post-production scheduling (internal team and external resource).
13. Establish and partner on creative reviews, investigate discrepancies and rectify them, by doing what is necessary to re-balance the creative.
14. Recognized within outside post production community with abilities to influence.
15. Establish and maintain a database of freelance creative talent (editors, graphics artists, assistant editors) and facilities in all areas and specialties of video and post production and related services.
16. Drives the quality goal to completion.
17. Owns the organizational structure and develops staff at all levels with the department to meet business needs.
18. Establish workload capacity planning strategies for flexible coverage and to accommodate peak volumes.
19. Reinforce the brand. by monitoring the efforts of the video department.
20. Drive customer satisfaction by emphasizing quality results always.
21. Builds cohesive, effective teams – inspires, motivates, energizes.
22. Develops and meets budgeted expense goals, develops capital purchase requests to improve efficiencies, and implements approved capital projects within budget.
23. Leads departmental goal-setting and participates in long-range operational planning.
24. Plans and researches new technologies and techniques to produce quality products with greater efficiency.
25. Develops the staff by providing challenging leadership opportunities, along with tools, techniques, training and resources to expand their knowledge.