Production clerk job description
I/ Job information of production clerk
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of production clerk
1. Promotes, complies, actively participates and enforces the importance of the Best Brands Safety Policy, to help maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
2. Records, reports and posts for all associates to review, the shift and daily totals of machine production.
3. Prepares and maintains records of raw materials used, including lot verification, throughput and yields.
4. Reviews computerized inventory of raw materials against present and anticipated manufacturing work orders.
5. Activates reorder points where judgment determines an anticipated shortfall.
6. Develops the master production schedule for the facility, while adjusting for changes in customer requirements, delays in receiving raw materials, availability of production equipment, etc.
7. Advises appropriate parties in the plant and sales office by e-mail of changes in the schedule.
8. Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying, filing, sorting, and distributing department paperwork.
9. Photocopies work orders and prepares them for delivery to the Billing Department.
10. Receives newly arriving work orders and confirms receipt into Digital Media production schedule.
11. Reviews work orders at end of production to confirm all elements are accounted for and all steps have been properly signed off by operators.
12. Maintain production schedule and update overnight priority list.
13. Coordinates the conveyance of information to respective operators.
14. Responds to client service and/or project managers status requests.
15. Monitors and communicates discrepancy report activity on a daily basis.
16. Performs other Support Services functions as needed including Staging and Labeling.
17. Assigns product codes and/or watermark payload values for forensic watermarking.
III / Job specification of production clerk
1. B.A. Degree in Business Administration, Production Operations Management, or related discipline, & exposure to network scheduling techniques is highly desirable.
2. Minimum of 4-5 years within an MRP environment.
3. High level of PC expertise – Excel/Word.
4. Education / Professional Qualifications.
5. Third level degree qualified.
6. IPICS/Part IPICS Qualified would be a distinct advantage.
7. Personal Attributes.
8. Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills.
9. Excellent Communication/Interpersonal skills.
10. Customer Focused.
11. Influencing skills.
13. Flexible work ethic.
14. Attention to Detail.
15. Honest and Reliable.
This job description also can use for production operator job description, production engineer job description.
• All manufacturing KPI
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com