How to perform / conduct a job analysis ? You should do 8 steps as follows for conducting / writing a job analysis.
Step 1: Identify purpose of job analysis
You should identify purpose of job analysis because that will determine what job analysis method, what data will be collected….
Step 2: Selecting the analysts
You can choose analyst from professional human resource, line mangers, incumbents or consultants.
Step 3: Selecting the appropriate method
• Select representative positions to analyze because there may be too many similar jobs to analyze, and it may not be necessary to analyze them all.
• Review background information such as organization charts, process charts, and job descriptions … of positions selected .
• Then identify methods of job analysis. There are many methods in job analysis, you should pay attention to advantages and disadvantages of each method in order to choose suitable one.
• Identify sample size of position.
Step 4: Train the analysts
If you intend to use internal analysts you have to teach them how to use the selected methods.
Step 5: Preparation of job analysis
• Communicate the project in the organization.
• Preparing the documentation, for example: interview questions, questionnaires.
Step 6: Collecting data
• Collecting data on job activities, employee behaviors, working conditions, and human traits and abilities needed to perform the job…
• Using one or more of the job analysis methods to collect data.
Step 7: Review and verify
Consolidate the results.
You must review all data collected. This will help you to confirm that the information is factually correct and complete.
How can review information?
• Review data with his or her immediate supervisor.
• Review data by technical conference (is a job analysis method).
• Review data with incumbents by interview.
Step 8: Develop a job description and job specification
Implement the results into the company procedures according to the goal-setting.
Develop a job description and job specification from the job analysis information. A job description is a written statement that describes the activities and responsibilities of the job, working conditions and safety and hazards…A job specification summarizes the personal qualities, traits, skills, and background required for getting the job done.
• Methods of job analysis
• Job analysis questionnaires
• Job analysis sample (near 10 forms of job analysis).
• What is job analysis
• Purpose of job analysis
• Classification of job analysis methods
• Practical problems with job analysis
• Information source of job analysis
• HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)
Author: Davi Ngo, hrvinet.com