Payroll specialist performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Payroll specialist
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Payroll specialist?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Payroll specialist
You can use some tasks of Payroll specialist as follows:
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
• Execute time sheets and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
• Perform compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Payroll specialist if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Payroll specialist evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Payroll specialist evaluation
• All Payroll job description
• Payroll interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation