Payroll job descriptions
1. Job description types of payroll department
• Payroll manager
• Payroll specialist
• Payroll supervisor
• Payroll clerk
• Payroll coordinator
• Payroll assistant
• Payroll Associate
• Payroll Analyst
• Payroll Specialist
• Payroll Processor
• Payroll Representative
2. Basic functions of payroll department
• Develop, implement and generate performance metrics and annual reviews for Payroll personnel. Provide coaching and development opportunities and address performance issues in a timely manner as appropriate.
• Timely review and sign off on all required payroll and state tax reconciliations. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines; ensures reports are accurate and disbursed in a timely manner.
• Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on required actions.
• In collaboration with Director HR Systems and Payroll, evaluate and analyze existing payroll policies, procedures and business processes; draft, propose and implement changes and/or quality control measures leading to best practice operations.
• Supervise, mentor and coach Payroll Lead, Payroll Accountant and Payroll Administrators on day to day activities and payroll related tasks, prioritization and work planning.
• Encourage and implement continuous improvement measures within Payroll.
• Preparation, calculation and processing of quarterly profit sharing payments. Processing of all management incentive bonuses, stock option exercises and salary deferrals.
• Review and approval of all manual check requests.