This article below include some interview questions. You should identify payroll job descriptions before setting up interview question.
1. Payroll interview questions
• Adaptability is very important to be payroll administrator. Sometimes in payroll, unplanned tasks come up that disrupt your schedule. How you prioritize your time in such situations?
• A successful payroll specialist must be able to solve problems. In your day to day clerical duties, how do you resolve payroll discrepancies when collecting and analyzing information?
• What were some of the challenges faced when maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes?
• A payroll specialist will be privy to confidential salary and pay information. How do you ensure and maintain employee confidentiality by protecting payroll operations?
• Sometimes in payroll, a payroll clerk must handle irate employees due to a payroll error. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an employee or contractor who was angry and even abusive to you. How did you handle this situation?
• How do you determine payroll liabilities such as calculating employee federal, state or provincial income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments?
• A payroll administrator must be able to thrive under pressure. Due to the nature of the job, you will be required to meet deadlines within the payroll cycle. How you manage job stress and pressures?
2. Related docs to payroll interview
• Payroll job descriptions
• Situational interview questions
• All Sample interview questions
• Job interview ebooks (you can download free and ref best job interview ebooks)
• HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)