Payroll Clerk Job Description
I/ Job information of Payroll Clerk
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key tasks of Payroll Clerk
1. Compiles payroll data, and enters data or computes and posts wages, and reconciles errors, to maintain payroll records, using computer.
2. Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions, using calculator, and posts to payroll records.
3. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
4. Records changes affecting net wages, for example exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
5. Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
6. May also prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
7. Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
8. Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
9. Prepare and issue paychecks.
III / Job specification of Payroll Clerk
1. High School Diploma.
2. Knowledge of multi-state payroll.
3. Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
4. Two (2) years related experience in a computerized accounting environment preferably within a payroll function.
5. Proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications.
6. Working knowledge of Excel.
7. Excellent client service skills.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
10. Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
11. Ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory.
12. Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately.
13. Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
14. Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
• All payroll job description
• Other sources: Payroll manager job description