Payroll accountant job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Payroll accountant.
Job purpose of Payroll accountant (vice president)
To be responsible for weekly reconciliation of employee 403B contributions to various benefit carriers and voluntary payroll deductions such as charity and US savings bonds.
Key duties/responsibilities of Payroll accountant:
1. Payroll processing, generating weekly and semi-monthly check runs.
2. Certified Payroll and payroll for OCIP-type jobs.
3. Prepare and enter journal entries.
4. Analyze and reconcile select balance sheet and income statement accounts.
5. Process job cost payroll journals and general ledger entries.
6. Upload bi-weekly payroll entries to the general ledger.
7. Assist with the month-end close process.
8. Ability to research and understand the Prevailing Wage rules in the various states.
9. Create and transmit files to 401(k) trustee.
10. Develop and document payroll reporting tools, best practices and processes
11. Maintain appropriate records on employee receivable balances and ensure appropriate payroll deductions are being taken for employee benefits, taxes, etc.
12. Enter all payroll-related modifications including wage and tax adjustments, benefit and 401(k) deductions, garnishments, and levies, utilizing ADP PayEx, HRB and E-time.
13. Audit bi-weekly payroll.
14. Prepare or request customized payroll reports for commercial insurance audits.
15. Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive employee and company information at all times.
16. Other miscellaneous projects as determined by the CFO.
17. Respond to employees’ Unemployment claims from the state and related documentation.
18. Perform monthly reconciliations of some general ledger accounts.
19. Be sensitive to payroll deadlines and ensure timely payroll submission every cycle.
20. Process paperwork pertaining to employee health benefits, such as health insurance, COBRA, and flexible spending plan claims. (Currently, the Project Accountant is doing this).
Job description related
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accountant job descriptions
• Project accountant job description
• Plant accountant job description
• Fund accountant job description
• Financial accountant job description
• Chief accountant job description
• Cost accountant job description
• Property accountant job description
• Associate accountant job description
• Senior accountant job description
Related accounting documents:
• Payroll accountant job specification
• Accounting KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Accounting cover letters
• All samples of Accounting resumes