Office coordinator job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Office coordinator position.
You also ref top job materials for Office coordinator as below (at the end of this post):
• Top 19 office job descriptions
• Top 9 skills for office positions
• Top 12 books for office management
• 62 office management interview questions
Key duties/responsibilities of Office coordinator
You can ref some job descriptions for Office coordinator as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Composes and prepares correspondence, invoices, reports, presentations, prepares minutes, and maintains appropriate files.
2. Demonstrates understanding & respect for age group, cultural & religious beliefs of clients, community & staff.
3. Purchase materials, services and equipment at the request of the project personnel, generate purchase orders and enter data into accounting system.
4. Maintain an accurate record for all inventory items (i.e., parts and materials).
5. Compiles office billing and charge reports for use within billing software.
6. Design, develop and implement required feedback and communication systems for field operations.
7. Communicate both informally and formally in scheduled meetings with management, subordinates and peers.
8. Enter and maintain daily backlog for billing purposes and update after billing is complete.
9. Compiles, prepares, and analyzes complex reports, proposals, to include assessments, care plan and visit orders and documents including but not limited to financial, statistical reports, and personnel records.
10. Contact clients to provide field operation support such as obtaining technical information, verifying schedules and receiving purchase orders.
11. Assure all contracts and bids are documented and delivered properly.
12. Supervises activities of the office staff (to include, but not limited to filing, telephone answering techniques, preparation of documents, record retention, duplication, faxing, mail distribution, and ordering of supplies).
13. Provides recommendations for department goals, policies and procedures, budgets, statistical reports, and process improvements.
14. Follow up on client inquiries and complaints.
15. Coordinates office projects to achieve efficient office flow and employee productivity, training, supplies, office equipment maintenance and repairs, housekeeping, facility maintenance/management.
16. Assigns, prioritizes, and distributes work assignments, and reviews work performed by office staff.
17. Implement project initialization and set-up, assigning project numbers, creating folders and project files.
Job description sample 2
1. Answers telephone, takes messages or directs calls and places outgoing calls. Internally covers department phones during meetings and employee absences
2. Operates office equipment such as copiers, calculators, and personal computers. May maintain office supplies and ensure the maintenance of office equipment
3. Greets and directs walkin traffic, provides assistance to the job applicants, and coordinates various dropoffs and pickups. Serves as central information and forms disbursement center
4. Performs general clerical duties as needed such as processing mail, filing, alphabetizing records, and completing forms and reports
5. Experience with processing of accounts receivable highly desired
6. Assists with community service and company projects
Job description sample 3
1. Answering and transferring incoming telephone calls
2. Maintaining the schedule of conference rooms
3. Assisting the sales team by ordering needed supplies
4. Helping book travel arrangements for the Senior Sales Executives
5. Copying, compiling, and distributing contracts, reports, documents, and other materials
Tips to write Office coordinator job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Office coordinator daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Office coordinator KPIs, Office coordinator KRAs, Office coordinator job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Office coordinator qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Office coordinator ) to determine job criteria for Office coordinator position. Office coordinator’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Office coordinator qualifications:
1. High school diploma or general education degree
2. 2+ years related experience minimum and/or training in an office environment
3. Demonstrated Microsoft Excel software proficiency
4. College Degree (preferable)
5. Fully Bilingual: Spanish / English (verbal and written)
6. Able to establish effective verbal communication.
7. Able to read and comprehend information presented in documents or computers.
8. Knowledge in computer programs, such as Word (ON-Q preferable)
9. Must be flexible to work various shifts.
Office coordinator career advice
Below are top useful guides for Office coordinator career:
• Top 9 skills for office management positions
• Top 12 books for office management management
• Top 19 office job descriptions
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 19 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Office coordinator job search tips
Below are top materials for Office coordinator job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 62 office management interview questions
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Office coordinator performance appraisal
• Officeing management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Office coordinator performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Office management KRAs/scorecard
Office coordinator wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Office coordinator wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: advertising, affiliate, aflac, airline, auto, automotive, b2b, bank, banquet, beauty, branch, business, car, commercial, country, design, digital media, direct marketing, distribution, ecommerce, enterprise, event, export, fashion, field, financial, freight, group, healthcare, hospitality, hotel, ICT, insurance, internal sales, internet, it, logistics, marketing, media, mortgage, new car, online sales, outside sales, parts, patient, pharmaceutical, project, retail, sales, services, software, technical, territory, web…
If you need more free Office coordinator job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.